Quick Corn Salad for 2
I CREATED this recipe because my family is so fond of corn. I tried to add a little zip to it with the marinade and I think I succeeded. I double or triple the recipe for potlucks or when we have dinner guests. In either case, someone's always sure to ask for the recipe. —Mildred Sherrer Bay City, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and sugar; mix well. Stir in corn, onions, green pepper, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve on lettuce if desired.
Originally published as Quick Corn Salad in Reminisce Extra February 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.