A garden-fresh medley from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington showcases corn in a colorful blend with tomato, green pepper and onion. "This is one of my favorite recipes when corn's in season," she confirms. Cumin sparks this delicious side dish.
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh-cut sweet corn (3 to 4 ears)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- Combine the first six ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in tomato and sugar or sugar substitute; cook, covered, 5 minutes longer. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Corn Medley in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p45