Quick Corn Chowder Recipe
Quick Corn Chowder is a tasty, filling soup recommended by Diane Brewster of Highland, New York. "When my husband and I decided I'd stay home with our new baby, his salary had to be stretched pretty thin," Diane recalls. "I became an expert at preparing meals with more 'sense' than dollars!"
- 1 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strip, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towel to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the broth, water and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the corn, 3/4 cup of milk, salt and pepper. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually add to soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with bacon and parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 228 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Quick Corn Chowder
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC