Marybeth Thompson of Thurmont, Maryland uses convenient pantry items to create Corn Bread Dressing, a swift side dish that complements the chops. "I revised a main-dish casserole recipe to make this unique stuffing side dish," Marybeth explains. "I've often delivered it, along with pork or chicken, to friends who are just out of the hospital. It always receives rave reviews."
Recommended: Labor Day Snacks and Apps
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onion, celery, corn and water. Spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Combine butter and mustard; drizzle over stuffing. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Bread Dressing in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p21
Reviews forQuick Corn Bread Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2011
"I used left-over homemade corn bread cut into cubes. Very good!"
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2009
"I prefer this without the mustard."