Quick Confetti Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon drippings.
- In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 202 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 26, 2012
awsome! how shipin
Apr 25, 2010
Excellent. I just add onions. A keeper!
Apr 16, 2010
My husband loves this recipe. Asks for it over and over. The only drawback is that the vegetables are cooked in the bacon fat which can be a little on the rich side.
Sep 22, 2009
Very good - went well with the egg rolls I made. Yummy!!