- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 cup diced carrots, parboiled
- 1 cup diced celery, parboiled
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain all but 3 tablespoon of the drippings. Cook rice, carrots, celery and peas in drippings until heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Confetti Rice
"awsome! how shipin"
"Excellent. I just add onions. A keeper!"
"My husband loves this recipe. Asks for it over and over. The only drawback is that the vegetables are cooked in the bacon fat which can be a little on the rich side."
"Very good - went well with the egg rolls I made. Yummy!!"