Quick Colorful Rice Medley
Steak sauce gives this rice dish a different flavor twist. Carrot, red onion and parsley add a nice touch of color.—Terri Griffin, Salisbury, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 139 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Colorful Rice Medley in Taste of Home December/January 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.