Quick Colorful Rice Medley
Steak sauce gives this rice dish a different flavor twist. Carrot, red onion and parsley add a nice touch of color.—Terri Griffin, Salisbury, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and let stand 5 minutes longer.