Quick Colorful Corn Salad
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley, Parmesan cheese, cumin, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. In a microwave-safe dish, combine oil and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Cool. Whisk in lime juice. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat.
3/4 cup: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 14, 2018
I have made this colorful salad numerous times over the years to take to picnic potlucks and it's always well-received. I have also cut the recipe in half for family dinners. It's an eye-catcher, has great texture, and it's nutritious as well.
Oct 22, 2012
I made this for a family potluck and it was a big hit. Very easy to make.
May 26, 2012
I first made this for a church potluck and it was one of the first dishes emptied. It is a wonderful change from the normal pasta salad and so refreshing.