Quick Colorful Corn Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, parsley, Parmesan cheese, cumin, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. In a microwave-safe dish, combine oil and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute. Cool. Whisk in lime juice. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 14, 2018
I have made this colorful salad numerous times over the years to take to picnic potlucks and it's always well-received. I have also cut the recipe in half for family dinners. It's an eye-catcher, has great texture, and it's nutritious as well.
Oct 22, 2012
I made this for a family potluck and it was a big hit. Very easy to make.
May 26, 2012
I first made this for a church potluck and it was one of the first dishes emptied. It is a wonderful change from the normal pasta salad and so refreshing.