Quick Coconut Muffins
From Midwest City, Oklahoma, Mary Burrough pens, "Whether I go to a family event or a church bake sale, people expect me to bring these muffins."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix and butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Quick Coconut Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.