From Midwest City, Oklahoma, Mary Burrough pens, "Whether I go to a family event or a church bake sale, people expect me to bring these muffins."
Recommended: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cake mix and butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Quick Coconut Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p41