- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 red or green candied cherries, halved
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Top each with a candied cherry half. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forQuick Coconut Macaroons
"This recipe, minus the wheat flour, was my most favorite, actually only, childhood cookie since I couldn't eat wheat ! Alternative was frosting on Rye-crisp ?. I still love these macaroons!!"
"I found them dry, but will try them again. Maybe I will have better luck. They were tasty though."
"This has a better texture for me than most of the other recipes I have tried!!! The only change I made was to dip the bottoms in dark chocolate that I melted with a bit of coconut oil to smooth it out!!! My new favorite!!!"
"Soooo easy and delicious!!!"
"A snap to make and our kids loved them, a nice peanut-free cookie they can take in their lunches to school"
"Amazingly delicious & easy macaroon recipe. It's now a favorite at our house!"