- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 pastry shell, baked or graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- In a mixing bowl, beat pudding and milk on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in half of the whipped topping and 1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut. Pour into crust. Spread with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Coconut Cream Pie
"Addendum to my review below, you could also use the coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla, although the vanilla was wonderful!"
"I had an extra pre-baked pie shell after making a lemon meringue pie and was looking for something to fill the extra one with. Came across this recipe and gave it a try. I took it to work to have with our coffee break and the rave reviews were amazing for such a simple recipe. Several people told me it looked like a picture out of a magazine and I didn't let on how simple it was to make! I did make a couple adjustments, however: I couldn't find the 5.1 oz pudding mix so used 2 boxes of the 3.9 oz. Then I simply increased my milk to 1 3/4 cups. I also doubled the toasted coconut so there was more throughout the filling and a generous amount to garnish the top of the finished pie. This simple recipe is definitely a keeper and impressed everyone in my office!"
"I love my traditional coconut cream pie recipe that involves cooking the custard, but this is a great time-saver, super fast and very yummy. I use sugar free pudding and a lowfat graham cracker crust to trim some of the calories and you really can't taste the difference."
"I have made this pie several times and my whole family loves it."