My family and friends never fail to include these chocolates on their Christmas wish list. Luckily, this recipe makes a big batch— so my supply meets the candy demand.
Recommended: 11 Recipes to Make with Chocolate Kisses
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 3-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk, pecans, coconut and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes or until firm.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 21 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Bonbons in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p38
Reviews forQuick Coconut Bonbons
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2011
"This is a great recipe."