Quick Citrus Tossed Salad
Just reach for this recipe when you want a nicely tangy change of pace form ordinary salads. Everyday ingredients come together is a delightful dressing that enhances the greens, vegetables, oranges and walnuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 6 cups torn romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup each sliced fresh mushrooms, sweet red pepper and red onion
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, vegetables, oranges and walnuts if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 141 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Tossed Salad in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar