Quick Citrus Tossed Salad
Just reach for this recipe when you want a nicely tangy change of pace form ordinary salads. Everyday ingredients come together is a delightful dressing that enhances the greens, vegetables, oranges and walnuts.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 6 cups torn romaine or other greens
- 1/2 cup each sliced fresh mushrooms, sweet red pepper and red onion
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients and shake well. In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, vegetables, oranges and walnuts if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 141 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Citrus Tossed Salad in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.