Quick Citrus Spinach Salad
This simple green salad is the perfect partner for meals throughout the year. Every bite is bursting with spinach, raisins and oranges.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, orange zest, tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, avocado, raisins, and onion. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Citrus Spinch Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Dec 29, 2008
I made this salad for the first time, but I wasnt impressed with the dressing...it was too tangy and vinegary, so I added more sugar and then it tasted much better and the tarragon gives it a nice flavor.