Quick Citrus Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 medium naval oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, orange zest, tarragon, salt, pepper and nutmeg. In a serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, avocado, raisins, and onion. Sprinkle with almonds and sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Dec 29, 2008
I made this salad for the first time, but I wasnt impressed with the dressing...it was too tangy and vinegary, so I added more sugar and then it tasted much better and the tarragon gives it a nice flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.