Quick Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen per batch
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shortening
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (14 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Stir in 7 cups cookie mix until well blended (if dough is dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water). Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 80 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 14, 2013
What is the best shortening to use? I don't like a flat cookie!
Aug 4, 2013
I've always had a hard time with chocolate chip cookies. These turn out perfect every time. And there have been a lot of times. :)
Oct 24, 2010
This is the only chocolate chip cookie I ever make now. I made it when I first saw it in the magazine. Everybody loves it. I have gone so far as to not make the mix and just make a double batch of cookies if making a lot of cookies...although I do like the convenience of having the mix on hand.