Quick Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and remaining chocolate chips.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 27, 2015
Not enough cheesecake filling for my or my husband's taste, didn't really taste like cheesecake at all actually. I didn't have mini-chocolate chips, just regular, so maybe it was too chocolatey and that overpowered everything else? Anyway, nothing special really. Either way, I'd probably never make these again and would rather just put the extra effort into an authentic cheesecake that bakes in the oven and has 3 times the cream cheese.
Oct 25, 2013
I've made this recipe, and we love it. I've also tried these variations (separately, of course) in the cream cheese filling: a teaspoon of mint extract, a teaspoon of raspberry flavoring, and a teaspoon of orange extract. They all go well with the chocolate.
Mar 1, 2012
this was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2011
Very easy to make! However, my family thought it was too "cream cheesey" so next time I think I'll double the sugar on the filling!