- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup water, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, brown ground beef until no longer pink; drain. Add soup, beans and chili powder. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add water if a thinner soup is desired.
1 serving: 337 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 5, 2011
It was great! I just added red pepper, green pepper, onion, and garlic.
Apr 5, 2008
This is our favorite chili recipe now...I use canned baked beans, canned black beans and add some frozen corn. I make lots and freeze in small containers for my guys to take to work for lunches.
Dec 31, 1969
Fast, cheap and excellent taste. I have 4 kids and a picky husband who all gave this a thumbs up. Add some cheddar cheese on top for garnish with a side of cornbread for a cold winter's night delight.