Quick Chili con Queso Recipe
I love to make this dip for parties, because it is so easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I double the recipe and prepare it in my slow cooker, because it will not scorch. This makes it completely worry-free when entertaining.—Marie Stout, APO, AP
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup chunky-style salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Quick Chili con Queso
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
"This is delicious and only takes take 5 minutes to put together and 7 minutes in the microwave."
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2007
"Use a good-quality black bean salsa, like Mrs. Renfro's, and this will be awesome. I use a 1.5-quart slow cooker to keep the dip warm."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC