Quick Chicken Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 7-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, tomatoes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes; add the tortellini and chicken. Cook 7-9 minutes longer or until tortellini is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 154 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 913mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 22, 2016
I've made this for years. It's quick and tastes delicious!!
May 21, 2014
This is one of those recipes I tried years ago, and it's become a main stay in our household.
Oct 12, 2011
A delicious soup. I added chopped onions and a cup and a half of smoked sausage cut into bite sized pieces. I found out by accident that it is still yummy without the parmesan cheese.
Aug 21, 2009
I have made this soup many times before but version called for canned tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic in them. i also use fresh spinach and add it at the very end just so it wilts slightly, very fresh tasting. Super easy, super good!