Quick Chicken Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, sour cream, soup, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir in the noodles.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 14, 2014
Good taste. I added some poppy seeds to the casserole and topped it with some french fried onions and put it in the oven to brown a few minutes.
Mar 7, 2013
I made this as-is the first time, and it was ok but a little too bland. The next time, I substituted one packet of onion soup mix for the seasoned salt and pepper, and it was much better. Not company-good, but good enough for a quick week-night meal.
Mar 21, 2011
yummy, I added a small can of mushrooms and about a 1/4 cup of milk to the original recipe !
Mar 14, 2009
I loved the recipe. i lightened it up a bit saving about 100 calories per serving by using light sour cream and 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup by Campbell's. I also added about 8 oz. of sliced mushrooms..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.