Quick Chicken Rice Casserole
This heartwarming main course with lots of chicken, cheese and rice makes a quick and comforting weeknight meal. “It's a great recipe for people with full-time jobs,” notes Donna Burnett from Baileyton, Alabama. “Their families are sure to request it often.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) instant rice and chicken-flavored sauce mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook rice mix according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 643 calories, 40g fat (12g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1516mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Speedy Chicken and Rice in Quick Cooking September/October 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.