- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Chicken Piccata
"I didn't pound the chicken breasts, added lemon juice to wine, and added 1TB rinsed capers to the sauce. Very good! I prefer to brown in a mix of olive oil and butter."
"For the white wine I used dry vermouth. Just two of us so only two chicken breasts. Other than that I followed the recipe to the letter. It's a keeper, will make it again."
"I made this yesterday and added the lemon juice with the white wine. Also per another reviewer used both butter & olive oil for browning the chicken. Husband who doesn't care for chicken said it had good flavor and suggested the next time to add some capers. I also did not pound the chicken breasts. Served it with baked potato and coleslaw. Will be making this again!"
"Followed the recipe other than adding fresh lemon juice with the wine instead at the end. And it was a huge hit! My 3 year old who does not and will not eat chicken ate a whole chicken breast last night and said it was good. I still feel in shock of him eating it so well. This is definitely a keeper!"
"We really enjoyed this. I used more wine, lemon juice and broth and thickened all with the flour mix left over from breading the chicken. I also added capers because my husband likes them and they did add something. I also used 2 T. butter and 2 T. olive oil."
"Wow, what a tasty and delicious recipe! I was amazed at how tender the chicken breast turned out, and infused with great flavor to boot! I did change it up a little. Like other reviewers I used both wine and chicken broth. I added the lemon to the sauce instead of drizzling it on after cooking, and I also added a tablespoon of capers to the sauce. This one will definitely become a repeat in my house. I love that is all done right on the stove top instead of having to use the oven as well like most recipes call for."
"Really good and easy. A must make for any lemon lover!!"
"This a very nice recipe. Very tasty, easy to prepare. Made homemade noodles with black truffle butter. Yum. Definitely a keeper."