- 5-2/3 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 8 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forQuick Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
"While I prefer my normal chicken soup recipe with a clear broth better, this was very good for variety, and my adult children liked this one better. My son took some to work and shared with his co worker who also loved it and asked for the recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe directed. Simple to make."
"Good recipe but using canned cream soup makes it extremely high in sodium."
"A bowl of love! This is a great soup to make for someone who is recovering from illness. It is warm and comforting. For home, we kick the flavor up with added seasons of garlic and / or sourthwestern spices to give it a kick. Also, we add a bag of frozen carrots to the pot also. Very nice comforting dish. easy to make!"
"I cook for an elderly group home. I make this soup often.It is well liked"
"I add only two things that I believe made a great difference and that was a can of 12.5 oz. kirkland breasts and I used a rice measuring 1/2 cup each of brown and whiterice. My wife loves it and so do I !!Thank You for a wonderful tasting soup."
"So easy and loved the flavor!"
"The soup has a nice texture but lacks flavor."
"I feel like the odd one out. I followed the recipe to a "T" except that I added only 5 cups of water (it seemed like a lot of water). I was so disappointed in this soup. It was so bland, and tasted like cream of chicken soup with rice in it. I couldn't bare to throw away the whole pot, so this morning I salvaged it by adding some garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Not bad. So it gets three stars, but I won't be making it again."