Quick Cherry Date Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup quartered maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with water. Stir in walnuts, dates and cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 14, 2018
These cookies were delicious. Moist and light. I adjusted the dates to 1 cup and the cherries to 1/2 cup and I also used butter instead of shortening. I didn't add any nuts. The whole family loved them. Thank you for this keeper of a recipe.