In Cheney, Washington, Katie Anderson quickly tosses together this smaller-size version of an all-time salad classic. Pair the fresh medley of veggies, sliced egg, deli meat and cheese with breadsticks to make a complete lunch or light dinner. Or serve it alongside a favorite soup.
Recommended: 23 Recipes That Use Up Leftover Hard-Boiled Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces deli turkey, julienned
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, sliced
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- Salad dressing of your choice
- On two serving plates, arrange the salad greens, onion, celery, ham, turkey, cheese, egg and olives. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chef's Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p52