Quick Cheese Puffs
This recipe is one of my favorites for a luncheon dish or a quick and easy meatless meal. For extra flavor, I'll sometimes use homemade bread or a specialty bread such as Italian, French or sourdough. -Janet Scherffius, Mountain Home, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Cut bread into strips; place strips, buttered side down, on the bottom and around the sides of two greased 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add cheese, onion salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour over bread. Place the dishes on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 450 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 290mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.