- 4 cups shredded carrots (about 4 to 5 large)
- 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Place carrots and raisins in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and enough milk to achieve the consistency of a creamy salad dressing. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Carrot Raisin Salad
"Wow - great easy recipe. No leftovers :)I used Duke's mayo ( our fave brand in SC!!) and 1/2 n 1/2 instead of milk. Crushed pineapple added is great too. Definitely will be one of my tried and trues!"
"So easy to make. I swap craisins for raisins. I try to make it 1 to 4 hrs before serving so it can marinate in the fridge (raisins / craisins absorb some liquids and get plumper - yum!) but it's good to just make it and go. It's my favorite dish to bring to a pot-luck dinner (and I never bring home leftovers)."