Quick Buttermilk Salad Dressing
In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle serves this creamy ranch-style salad dressing on almost everything. "Besides drizzling it over mixed greens, I use it as a dip for raw vegetables, a topper for baked potatoes and a sauce for roast beef sandwiches," she informs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- Salad greens
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill until serving. Serve over salad greens. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 19 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Buttermilk Salad Dressing in Quick Cooking July/August 1998