Quick Broccoli Slaw
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, corn and salsa. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in vinegar. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Editor's NoteBroccoli coleslaw mix may be found in the produce section of most grocery stores.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 87 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 20, 2013
I made this on the fly for a potluck at work today. The market was charging an arm and a leg for a tiny can of Mexicorn, so I opted for Chuck wagon-style frozen corn, which worked just fine. The salad is a tasty combination, with more flavors than the standard broccoli slaw.
Apr 23, 2010
I've made this several time, but I substitute black beans for the Mexicorn and I add a little chopped clinantro to really give it some zip!... tastes great, the family loves it!