Quick Broccoli Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add the sherry, pimientos, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 58 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2010
My husband loved this! I cannot eat a lot of stuff, however, I enjoy cooking for my husband and this one hit it out of the park!
Nov 7, 2009
So easy- colorful and tasty! Definitely a keeper!
Sep 28, 2009
Quick and easy. Tasty and goes with just about anything.