Quick Bread Mix Recipe
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFINS:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup milk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR BREAD)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Yield: about 7 batches of muffins and about 5 batches of bread (13 cups total).
- 2. To prepare muffins: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups quick bread mix, sugar and orange peel. In a small bowl, combine the egg, pineapple and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8 muffins.
- 4. To prepare bread: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana. Stir in 2-1/4 cups quick bread mix and pecans just until moistened.
- 5. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices each).
1 each: 203 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Quick Bread Mix
"I took this recipe and added fresh apricots and also tried it with fresh chopped apples and was wonderful moist little nuts cinnimon for apples , orange zest for apricots will make again great for breakfast or ladies brunches"