- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews forQuick Black Bean Salsa
"I have made this several times now and each time it is gone in a flash. My 4yr old even loves it! Super easy to make. I don't add the roasted red peppers, cumin or the orange peel. And I use a container of grape tomatoes instead. No real reason, that's just the way that I make it. Delicious!!"
"Leave out the orange peel, add chili powder and a squeeze of lime juice. AWESOME!"
"OMG this is so good! I forget to pick up green onions, so I used a large red onion instead and it was still delicious! I would not add any more heat that what the recipe calls for however, the green chiles in the tomatoes are plenty."
"I took this salsa to our Bible Study and they loved it. I added a little green hot sauce so some thought it was too spicy but my husband loved it."
"This salsa was delicious! This recipe is a keeper!"