Quick Black Bean Quesadillas
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork; stir in the green onion, red onion, pepper, cilantro, lime juice and garlic.
- 2. Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over half of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold over.
- 3. Cook on a griddle coated with cooking spray over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
1 quesadilla: 375 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 16g protein.
Jun 21, 2016
Used this for a light summer dinner. Served with rice.
Jul 10, 2012
I love this recipe! It's delicious and very easy to make. I leave out the roasted red pepper though because of my personal taste.
Jul 10, 2012
This will become one of my go-to recipes. Small list of ingredients, little prep work, short cooking time but a lot of flavor make this recipe a keeper. I left the red peppers out because of my personal tastes.
May 7, 2012
Wonderful fresh flavors. I paired mine with sour cream, fresh guacamole, diced tomatoes and a Peach Margarita!!!
Feb 7, 2011
My house has many finicky eaters so I omitted, onions and peppers and added corn instead to keep it vegetarian and served with spanish rice and it was superb!!
Nov 18, 2010
excellent recipe! We omitted the peppers for toddler/preschool age eaters, and added some chicken breast, so it was a one dish meal. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed!