Quick Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
This recipe is a favorite with my husband and five boys, all hearty eaters. It's filling, economical and, best of all, easy to prepare. I spend many afternoons driving our sons back and forth to their wrestling and band practices, piano lessons, Boy Scout meetings and church activities.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Quick Black Bean and Corn Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC