Quick Banana Split Shortcake
Two delicious desserts combine to create an out-of-this-world treat. I serve this banana split on a layer of tender pound cake. Yum! —Christi Gillentine, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices pound cake (1/2 inch thick) or 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Place cake slices on two dessert plates. Top each with banana and ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 468 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 162mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Banana Split Shortcake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009