Two delicious desserts combine to create an out-of-this-world treat. I serve this banana split on a layer of tender pound cake. Yum! —Christi Gillentine, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Featured In: 16 Banana Split-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 slices pound cake (1/2 inch thick) or 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Place cake slices on two dessert plates. Top each with banana and ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Banana Split Shortcake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p54
Reviews forQuick Banana Split Shortcake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2011
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2011
"Seriously? This is a recipe? If so this is one I won't screw up! I laughed out loud cause it just sounds like stuff from the fridge."