- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk, sour cream and pudding mix until smooth. Place a third of the banana slices into pastry shell. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Arrange the remaining bananas on top cover with whipped topping. Chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forQuick Banana Cream Pie
"Thought this would taste more 'quick' but it tasted rich and homemade - without being too heavy. The sour cream adds a nice tang to the filling, and I just put a thick layer of bananas on the bottom, I think otherwise it would've been too mushy to slice. So yummy!"
"This is my boyfriend's favorite pie. I do use a graham cracker crust, banana flavored pudding and make homemade whipped cream. He always requests it!"