Quick Banana Boats Recipe
"When I was a church youth leader, I introduced many young campers to this scrumptious treat," shares Sandy Vanderhoff of Waldron, Arkansas. "It's wonderful because each person can add their choice of yummy toppings to this warm dessert that tastes almost like a banana split."
- 4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. Cut banana peels lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Open peel to form a pocket. Combine coconut and cherries; spoon into pockets of two bananas. Combine raisins and peanut butter chips; fill remaining bananas. Divide marshmallow between bananas. Wrap each in an 18x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Banana Boats
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC