- 6 bacon strips
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with microwave-safe paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cooked but not crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, saltines, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties. Wrap bacon strips around patties; secure with toothpicks. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Turn patties; top with ketchup mixture. Broil 6-7 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Bacon-Wrapped Beef Patties
"These burgers are the best! In fact I even used the sauce and put it on top of baked chicken. YUMMO!"
"Very good!! They were a little too salty and took a bit longer to cook, but the end result was very tasty!!"