Quick Asian Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 139 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 1, 2013
I was captured by the photo, but I thought the green beans were snap peas....so I tried it with fresh snap peas and chinese pea pods too. Yum-m-o. Thanks
Jun 8, 2012
I made a few revisions to accommodate family tastes. I used sugar snap peas, water chestnuts and red & orange peppers as well as using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It was deemed worthy of making again by all. Sliced tomatoes and garlic pita chips made a complete meal!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.