Quick Apricot Almond Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper and 1/2 cup oil. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the preserves, butter and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 11, 2014
I thought this was just okay. A little too sweet for me.
Aug 19, 2010
My family really liked this recipe and they are not ones to care for sauces much. It was a really large amount of sauce for just 4 of us so I am freezing the rest as it would be tasty on any white meat or even on meatballs with rice. I served this chicken dish with stuffing and lemon pepper green beans.
Mar 10, 2010
The lemon juice and Dijon mustard over powered the sauce.