Quick Apricot Almond Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, pepper and 1/2 cup oil. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the preserves, butter and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice.
Nov 11, 2014
I thought this was just okay. A little too sweet for me.
Aug 19, 2010
My family really liked this recipe and they are not ones to care for sauces much. It was a really large amount of sauce for just 4 of us so I am freezing the rest as it would be tasty on any white meat or even on meatballs with rice. I served this chicken dish with stuffing and lemon pepper green beans.
Mar 10, 2010
The lemon juice and Dijon mustard over powered the sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.