Quick Apple Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 small red apple, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes; whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach and apple. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat.
Jan 18, 2015
this recipe was a life saver for a meal i had to put together with what i had on hand. I made it as written although next time i will cut back on the sugar a bit and take on some additions-thanks to other reviewers for some suggestions.
May 24, 2014
Very tasty and easy to make. I added some dried cranberries and toasted pecans. Will definitely make again!
Aug 8, 2012
As I started to write this review I realized I used celery seed instead of celery salt. No wonder my dressing lacked some flavor. It was a nice salad, but I'm not giving it a rating since I messed up. I added some cucumbers and walnuts.
Feb 16, 2012
This was wonderful and so quick and easy. I added raisins and chopped pecans. I'll make this often. Thanks for the recipe.
Sep 29, 2011
Everyone loved this. Will make it again soon.
Oct 13, 2009
Had this with dinner tonight. Delicious. So quick, easy and light. Didn't have celery salt, so I used sea salt. Tasted fine.
Oct 11, 2009
I just love this salad, it is simple to fix & delicious. I added golden raisins & walnuts. yum.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.