Quick Apple Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes15 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup)
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- APPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- Place biscuit mix in a large bowl. Combine the eggs, milk and oil; stir into biscuit mix just until moistened. Stir in apple and lemon zest.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 560 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 14, 2015
I only made the pancakes, not the syrup. They had a good texture but not a lot of taste. Maybe I should use a different type of apple or make the syrup...I think nuts would be a good addition too.
Dec 5, 2011
We have retested this recipe again and agree that the original amount of milk was too high. It has been adjusted to 1-1/4 cups for a better batter consistentcy.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Sep 4, 2011
I just used the pancake recipe on the Bisquik box and added chopped apple. It was great, don't need all the extra ingredients, if you ask me. Like to keep things simple
Oct 19, 2009
Way too much milk -- had soupy batter!! The biscuit mix recipe called for less milk. I ended up adding about another cup of biscuit mix to even get the batter to set up like pancakes. Also didn't add any lemon peel.