- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Roll half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom, or press into the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 10-in. springform pan. In a bowl, combine cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour into crust. Dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry with a 1-in. apple cookie cutter. Place over filling. Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forQuick Apple Cranberry Tart
"I fixed this one evening in the fall and it sure hit the spot!! We love it!!"
"THE RECIPE SAYS TO USE A SPRINGFORM PAN AND THEN IT SAYS A TART PAN. WHICH ONE IS CORRECT?"
"Delicious! Not quite as sweet as plain apple pie, love the combination of tart apples and cranberries. Pretty, tasty, will definitely make again!"
"Absolutely delicious! I used my own Tart Crust recipe, not a pie crust recipe. The combination of the Granny Smith apples and the tart cranberries is perfect."