Quick Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I make these mouthwatering muffins at least once a week and recipe requests.—Serena Verboom, Providence Bay, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside. Beat egg, add orange juice and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apple Cinnamon Muffins in Country Woman September/October 1997
Jul 24, 2009
These were terrible!!!! They weighed about 5 lbs!!! Nasty!!!
Jan 16, 2008
for some reason, even though I greased my tin, the muffins stuck to the pan and I found the taste a little too sweet for my liking but the flavor is very good.