Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
"Simple and delicious soup. I made with ground beef instead of chicken. Didn't have V8 so used whole jar of salsa and left out green chilies. Added a can of kidney beans. This was also good meatless. 2 cans chicken broth, 1 can beans, 1 can corn, 1 jar salsa, and a cup or 2 of cooked rice. easy and delicious."
"I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!"