- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forQuick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
"Simple and delicious soup. I made with ground beef instead of chicken. Didn't have V8 so used whole jar of salsa and left out green chilies. Added a can of kidney beans. This was also good meatless. 2 cans chicken broth, 1 can beans, 1 can corn, 1 jar salsa, and a cup or 2 of cooked rice. easy and delicious."
"I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!"