Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 16, 2018
Simple and delicious soup. I made with ground beef instead of chicken. Didn't have V8 so used whole jar of salsa and left out green chilies. Added a can of kidney beans. This was also good meatless. 2 cans chicken broth, 1 can beans, 1 can corn, 1 jar salsa, and a cup or 2 of cooked rice. Easy and delicious.
Nov 11, 2012
I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!
Aug 5, 2012
I absolutely LOVE this recipe. I make it just about every week, even in the summer! I've shared this recipe with friends and have given containers of this soup to neighbors & friends, everyone loves it!! Thanks for such a quick,simple & delish soup recipe.
Jan 26, 2010
Could not believe how quick and easy it was to make. My two picky eaters loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.