Quick and Spicy Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 16, 2018
Simple and delicious soup. I made with ground beef instead of chicken. Didn't have V8 so used whole jar of salsa and left out green chilies. Added a can of kidney beans. This was also good meatless. 2 cans chicken broth, 1 can beans, 1 can corn, 1 jar salsa, and a cup or 2 of cooked rice. Easy and delicious.
Nov 11, 2012
I put this together on Sunday and we enjoy it all week for lunch. Delicious semi homemade soup!
Aug 5, 2012
I absolutely LOVE this recipe. I make it just about every week, even in the summer! I've shared this recipe with friends and have given containers of this soup to neighbors & friends, everyone loves it!! Thanks for such a quick,simple & delish soup recipe.
Jan 26, 2010
Could not believe how quick and easy it was to make. My two picky eaters loved it!